On February 27, my mom and Leslie got to Provo fairly late. The next morning we hustled and got all of our stuff loaded and moved in only about three trips! We were expecting it to take a lot longer, but we only thought we had a lot of stuff since our old apartment was so tiny. When we got done hauling, we started to put the house together and let me tell you, my mom must have missed out on playing "house" when she was a little girl because she went completely bananas! She got everything all put together and was having so much fun bossing us all around! I had wanted to leave everything in the living room and take things from there to put it all away. I shouldn't have even bothered though because she had everything put away by about noon on Thursday! I'm joking about it, but I really was grateful for her help because I had kind of gotten into a rut and I wasn't feeling very motivated to work on anything. Having everything in its place before she left helped me get out of my rut too. The other thing that has worked wonders being here is the sunlight! I didn't think I had missed having real windows, but being able to open the blinds every morning and see the world has really lifted my spirits!
This house is SO cute! I love the color of the walls, I get to have my "red" kitchen, and my lavender bathroom, and Loren has his office! The floors are beautiful and the light fixtures are exactly what I would have chosen. Of course, I love having a washer and dryer! The basement has plenty of room for food storage and some other extra storage. I have been trying to make some progress in the yard and while I have a TON of work ahead of me, what I have done so far has made a good bit of difference! Loren and I went to Target the other day to get a few tools for me to work in the yard. The neighbors have been telling us how badly it has been neglected and I think they have been noticing that I've been out there making some progress.
Since we moved in, we have had some excitement... About a week after we moved, the furnace was replaced because it wasn't working very well and the mechanic said it had been having little things go wrong with it for a long time. Then a water pipe was replaced because it had been leaking in the ground below the front yard. The same day the furnace was replaced I GOT MY PIANO!!!!!!! I have been having so much fun with that!
So... that's all about our new place. I'm going to post pictures on a separate post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment