Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sleepiness

Well, I woke up to the sounds of birds and it just put me in such a good mood I decided to do a short post! Sorry, there won't be pictures, and it will be pretty short.

Sleeping- Ethan is sleeping so well through the night. Last night he woke up once when Zoey got right by his face(she was really being annoying to all of us last night. Ugh.) and went right back to sleep after about 30 seconds.

Running- Ethan has passed beyond just walking and now runs most of the time. He really can get going and while he certainly wouldn't win the Olympics, sometimes we have a fun time trying to keep up.

Garden- Today is going to be a big day in trying to get the garden ready. A friend of ours is going to come over and help us get that area as cleaned out as we can get it. There are still a bunch of grapevines in the ground that are pretty thick, and several plum tree shoot stumps that could really be a nuisance. Hopefully we can get those managed a bit so I can start building the boxes and get soil in them. I'm trying to get everything done pretty early so I can be sure to be planting on time.

Walking- I have set up with my neighbor Alice to go walking most weekdays. We went for the first time yesterday and, granted I was pushing a stroller, but I was a bit embarrassed by how out of shape I've gotten over the winter. We got to where I used to only turn around if I was having a bad day and I was very ready to turn around. Alice is somewhat elderly(Although I doubt she would refer to herself as such! But she does have great-grandchildren who aren't a whole lot younger than me.) and she set the pace and I think she probably could have gone further. It was so nice to be out on the river trail and see the birds and just be in nature. I really love that trail! Ethan had a ton of fun and was so distracted that he didn't even try to pull his hat off until we got home.

And that's my post!

2 comments:

The Mortensens said...

Yay for planting a garden! Good luck!

Leslie said...

i want pictures