Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ZOO!!! (June 2009)

I will catch up from before all these posts, but when we had family here recently, my memory card decided to play hide and seek. I've been seeking, but it must have hidden really well! I was actually going to start this catch-up project earlier, but since I still haven't found the card from before, I decided I just need to get moving with what I have. I will start putting the month in the title of each blog. That way, even though it won't be in order for on here, for the book that my grandma puts these in for me(THANK YOU GRANDMA!!!) we will be able to look back and have it make sense.

To the Zoo!

Ethan really loved seeing all the animals and he LOVED the crazy noises some of them made! Sadly, it was pretty hot and a lot of the animals were just hiding in the shade. Especially the big cats. My mom loves cougars and I love tigers. Both were pretty hard to see and we didn't get any good pictures of them. I think Ethan's favorites were the giraffes.
















Mom and I thought the groundhogs were cute but I guess they weren't big enough for Ethan to give them much attention. These guys were fighting over a piece of melon and we watched them for quite a while.














Some of the birds that Ethan liked watching.














Ethan was loving all the exotic and colorful flowers that we saw.



















Mom(Grandma) and Ethan chilling in the shade for a minute. It was so hot!



















A Foosa. I couldn't get a very good picture, but this is what the foosa in the movie "Madagascar" actually look like. They make their food hard to get at the zoo to give them a "puzzle". I guess it keeps them entertained since they are normally really active in the wild.














The big snake that Ethan wasn't too sure about. They had a big thing of hand sanitizer so you could get some after you touch the snake. I hope that's just a precaution!



















I think we were trying to decide where to go next...



















There was a fairly young giraffe and for some reason, it really captivated Ethan! He almost got to where he could say "giraffe" in the time we were looking at them.



















Ethan was munching on that piece of toast the entire time we were at the zoo. He didn't have the smile the whole time since it was hot, but often enough we figured he liked the trip. :)














This guy made the strangest noise. He was so LOUD! We sat and ate our lunch at a table near his cage and just laughed at how crazy he was! I got a video and as soon as I get it up on youtube I'll post the link here.














Momma and Ethan after eating lunch. It was really hot, but otherwise, it was a great trip to the zoo!

No comments: