Everything is set for us to leave for Cowley a week from tomorrow! Loren will work a few extra hours during the week next week so he can get off early Friday. Then the next Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday, he'll work remotely from my parents house. We'll be able to stay at my Grandparents'. The only thing that could mess it up is if the weather gets really yucky. I've been looking at the forecast, and I know it could change, but right now it looks like it won't be gorgeous, but it won't be too bad either. I also just have to get everything ready so we can move the day after we get back! We'll leave Sage here, which he's going to hate. I think I'll just ask our landlady to let him out once in a while and make sure he has food and water. He's going to be really mad at us for a while after we get back, but eventually he'll forgive us, I'm sure! I feel bad, but I really don't want to take him up for just a few days.
Ethan's shots went fairly well. When we got to the doctor's office he was just jabbering away and the receptionist said "Wow, he's a vocal one!". I guess I got a little Mommy pride because he's so cute! His doctor had him do some different things to see where he is developmentally and at one point when he put Ethan on his tummy and Ethan pushed up really well he said "Look at you!" A little more Mommy pride for me... Everything went extremely well up until the last few minutes when he actually got the shots. I couldn't believe how long the needles were! They weren't much thicker than a piece of button thread, but they were about an inch and three quarters long! He was totally happy until he got stabbed though. Afterwards I snuggled him and nursed him for a while and he calmed down pretty quickly. I had to go to the store and I had been really nervous about going after his shots, but he was just a trooper! He kept looking around at everything and talking to anyone who looked at him! His car seat isn't one of those that can kind of attach to the top of the shopping cart so I had a really fun time fitting groceries in around it in the actual cart, but we made it!
Today Ethan has been feeling a little yucky from the shots, but tonight he's already doing great again! I'm so glad he's starting to interact more and even WANT to be by himself sometimes! That is especially good since I need to get a lot done in the next week! When he wants to play I'm having so much fun now! It's not just a game of me trying to remember as many songs as I can and read as long as he has an attention span! Now I actually PLAY! He almost never gets grumpy for no reason anymore. The closest is when his gums are hurting, but I got a teething toy that goes in the fridge and another that has textures on it. They seem to help. All in all, life is starting to smooth out a bit! As soon as we get moved things will be even more smooth and hopefully we'll get into an effective routine before long. I know I probably just jinxed myself saying all that... but fingers crossed, knock on wood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment