Well, 4 am finds me completely awake and Ethan laying on my chest, pushing up and talking up a storm! I told him we really need to break this habit and he just said "hoo-ooo". Hmmm... I don't think he got the idea...
Ok... to update for the last week or so. Loren started his new job Monday the 28th. When he had interviewed it sounded like a dream job for him. However, when he started actually working there, he quickly saw that he had been grossly mislead. So, Thursday night we were both completely stressed out trying to figure out what to do. Obviously it wouldn't work to go back to the contracting company he was with before. Besides, part of the reason he left was so he wouldn't be in the contracting situation anymore. He mentioned his dilemma to one of his old co-workers at Prosper and within hours(literally) they called him and a few hours later we went over and he filled out the start up forms to work for them. This is the company he worked for through the contractors before he worked at Novell through the contractors. So now he is working for them directly. He is pretty happy with the whole situation and now that he isn't contracted to them he will have opportunities to move up in pay and position.
We found someone last week to take over our contract here. I was pretty stressed out about that since we would have to keep paying rent until we found someone. Last night we went over and signed the contract for our new place! While we were there I peeked in the basement which I had assumed wasn't much more than a crawl space. I was wrong! It isn't huge but it's a lot bigger than what I had pictured. I can definitely put some extra boxes down there. Probably some food storage as well. It really reminds me of my Grandma's basement as far as the feel of it. It's kind of cool and a bit moist. Oh, and there IS a garbage disposal!!!! We forgot to ask last time but this time Loren remembered it and it is almost brand new! I'm really excited about that! There's also a little bit of extra room in the garage that can be used for storage even when a car is in there. I was hoping there would be.
Ethan is feeling much better. He still gets a little stuffy and sometimes his breathing makes me nervous, but I haven't had to suction his nose in days. Thank goodness too, that was a battle! I felt like the meanest mommy in the world whenever I had to torture him like that! And he screamed like it was torture too. Speaking of being a mean mommy... today I clipped his fingernails. Well, I was on the last one when he startled right as I was clamping down. I clipped his thumb! I felt horrible and it didn't help that Ethan was screaming bloody murder! Loren asked what happened in a voice that said he was sure I was being an abusive parent and I'm not sure he believed me when I said it was an accident. I didn't think I clipped it too bad but Ethan stayed pretty upset for a while. It didn't help that he had just fallen asleep when I started clipping them and he was still really tired. I rocked him for a while and after about ten minutes of crying he just stopped and fell asleep. A good nap will cure any ailment I guess.
Last night after we signed the contract we had to go get gas. We went to the Maverick near the mall and decided to go split a Lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick to celebrate signing the contract. It's amazing the difference in what you consider celebration when you are tight on money. Monday night we stopped by Heritage Music to ask about their piano rental program. It's a really good deal. You rent a piano for only $45/month and you can put six months of rent toward any piano in the store, or you can put a years worth of rent toward the rental piano. I think that will give me a chance to start teaching piano lessons, then hopefully use any extra money from that to go toward buying a piano. I was worried about there not being many people looking for lessons or there being so many teachers I couldn't find students, but the more I look around, I think I'll be able to find students without problems.
Well, I think I'm updated now. I have a few little videos to put up, but I haven't had a chance to go through them and the camera is hiding from me right now. It's not actually hiding, I just don't want to turn the light on and wake Loren up. I know the general area it's in, but Loren didn't get to bed till kind of late and he's a grumpy bear when he doesn't get enough sleep! I wish I could go to sleep right now, but I'm wide awake. I went to sleep at around 10, woke up at 2:30, tried going back to sleep for an hour, then got on here. I'm going to try not to sleep tomorrow after 11 am so I'll be able to sleep at night. Ethan has figured out that if I'm laying down next to him it isn't play time. He'll usually just go right back to sleep now after he eats. Which is a major blessing! He does that regardless of the time of day too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue because it's only been for a few days now. It gives me some flexibility when I can't sleep.
Hmmm... I think I'm going to go peruse the craigslist ads... not that I can buy anything right now, but it's fun to look at. Maybe I'll browse funny youtube videos too. Oh, speaking of... here's a funny one! And... this one is just too funny for words! It is a bit long, but SOOO worth it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment