Thursday, September 25, 2008

Company.

Last week, Loren's twin brother Laren, his wife, Kristin, and their toddler and newborn came to visit. It was a really crazy, but fun week. After our last apartment we felt like this was a pretty huge house(if you'd seen the last place, you would know!). Well, it's not as big with 7 people as it is with three. To be honest though, the space wasn't as much of an issue as having a toddler, a baby and a newborn in one house. Wow. 'Nuff said! Loren and Laren had tons of fun being able to see each other and... talk. Which to most of the rest of the world sounds like intense arguing, but to them is friendly conversation. I still say it's a twin thing. Granted, most all of the Mortensen brother's do that, but in my opinion, Loren and Laren do that the most. I'm really glad they had fun.

Ethan and Amy were playing together pretty well. The main problems were that neither of them have learned about sharing yet, and Ethan loves hair. Amy has gorgeous curly blond hair that just happened to find it's way into Ethan's fingers more than a few times. I think their favorite activity to do together was to knock all the magnetic letters and numbers off of the fridge! Kristin and I decided to put them out of reach after a while. Amy is such a cutie. I'm afraid I scared her somehow because anytime I came near her, unless I was doing her hair, she would shriek and run away. Poor girl had a pretty traumatic week! Miriam was a perfect angel almost the whole time. Wow, I would have loved it if Ethan had been that calm all the time! From moments after his birth he wanted to be snuggled constantly. He still usually wants to be snuggled. I think we have both felt attached to each other all his life. He is much more independent than he used to be, but he still wants me pretty close by. I wouldn't mind if he didn't completely grow out of that until... oh, college? Just kidding. I love that he is so snuggly! I just wish he would let me do the dishes without having to be touching my leg!

We hope that Laren, Kristin, Amy and Miriam can visit again soon! I wish we could get out to California so badly! We have some other friends out there who I really miss. Esther and Joe's baby girl, Brooke is just over a month older than Ethan. Esther and I were roommates and have stayed in touch. I also want to go to Disneyland SOOOO BAD!!!! (Hint, hint Dad! ;) ) Loren can't remember going to Disneyland and I have so many awesome memories that I really want to be able to go with him. The last few years we have hoped to go in the spring, but something has always put a kaibosh on it. Soon though. I really hope we get to go soon.

1 comment:

The Mortensens said...

Ha ha ha. The Mortensen brothers and their "friendly conversations." Will I ever get used to it???