Monday, February 25, 2008

Hmm... oops!

I just realized that the pictures from Temple Square posted twice. I'm not quite sure what happened, but, oh well! We weren't able to go up to Wyoming because the weather is really yucky on the roads we'd drive on. I'm pretty bummed out about it, but life happens. We are planning to try to go up in a few weeks, maybe over Easter. It also worked kind of well since I still have SO much to get done before we can move! Ethan is getting better about not needing to be held all the time, but he still wants me right there most of the time. It makes it pretty hard to get much accomplished. He also doesn't sleep very much! He sleeps while I'm sleeping really well, but as far as naps... He usually takes about 10 5-10 minute naps each day and one longer nap(between 30 minutes and 2 hours), and that's about it! He's going to be just like my brother I'm afraid! I guess it will be good because I know he's healthy, but I'm not a really high energy person so it will be challenging. I was telling Loren again last night that I'm afraid to have another baby after how hard my pregnancy was.

Saturday we went to Temple Square since we couldn't go to Cowley. We had fun, but it was kind of poor planning, making it less fun that it could have been. I just have not had a brain since Ethan was born(ok, sometimes it seems like I've never had a brain!) and that was really apparent on Saturday. We weren't able to leave until almost 5 pm which put us up there about 5:45. That wouldn't have been so bad except I planned to park in the garages in the mall right by Temple Square... of course they were closed. So we parked in the Gateway mall garages and took Trax over. Then we got to the Tabernacle and the Young ambassadors symphony was getting warmed up to practice. We wanted to take a picture so we opened the diaper bag and realized we had left the camera in the car. So... we went back on Trax to the car, got the camera, and came back. That probably took another almost hour. We went to the visitor center because I promised my mom we'd get a picture of us in front of the Christus. Loren was getting kind of grumpy at my lack of planning(I don't blame him!) and we just sat in front of the Christus a while to calm down and relax before we tried to do anything else. I really enjoyed that actually. It was so peaceful. Then Ethan got hungry("right now!") so we asked someone to take the picture of us and I found a restroom to nurse him in. Loren knew one of the sister missionaries so we talked to her for a minute(and Ethan let out a very loud, impolite burp! It was kind of funny though actually!). Then it was very dark and we were all getting very tired. We were getting very hungry too! We knew we only had pb&j sandwhiches and cereal at home(we tried to use up all our groceries before going to Wyoming and haven't gotten more yet) so we went to JB's next to Temple Square and split a chicken fried chicken meal. It was really good! That tided us over for the night and we were able to get home and go to bed. Well, Loren got us home, Ethan and I fell asleep! I guess that's what happens when you get up at 4 am and don't take a nap!

Yesterday was a fun day as well. There are still lots of scary sicknesses circulating around our ward(including some really bad cases of RSV) so we skipped church again. In the afternoon though we went over to Jason's and spent some time with him. He and I both got missing home! We were talking about how weird it is because we never wanted to live there when we did live there, but now that we have been away for a while, the idea of living up there is actually very appealing in some aspects. Then we went over to Casey's and had an absolutely delicious(my mouth is watering!) dutch oven dinner! Chicken and rice that was just fantastic! Then the peach cobbler... well, I bit into it while Loren and Casey were talking and I just couldn't resist the "MMMMMM!" that came out! We had contemplated getting a desert at JB's and I know none of them could have compared to that cobbler! He sent the leftovers home with us and the only reason they aren't gone is because I was too tired to eat it when we got home! Loren took the last of the rice for lunch today and I know it's not the healthiest for a meal, but I'm going to eat the cobbler for my lunch. I'm really looking forward to it! We had a really fun time talking to him too. He had some fun stories from some of his classes. He and Loren got talking about politics, economics, agriculture and technology! Casey told us he was spoiled with where he's living and I totally agree! His bedroom is literally about the size of our apartment! He has a California King bed! I think that's something we will get someday, but not for a while. It would sure be nice though with Ethan sleeping in our bed! Downstairs, one of his room mates has an incredible entertainment system, cuddlesacs and about 500 dvds! They also have a really nice kitchen. So, all in all, I agree with Casey that he IS spoiled! That's not always such a bad thing though. I mean, I feel like we are going to be spoiled having our own washer and dryer, but I think that's a wonderful thing!

Ok, now I'm up to date... Ethan has been playing in his floor gym for this whole time! I'm so glad he's getting to where I can put him down for longer than five seconds! He's such a sweetheart and he has the cutest smile. I love seeing him right when he wakes up because he is just so happy and it's a great start to the day. I'm glad he is getting a more human schedule though! That whole 2:30-4 in the morning was starting to wear on me. I like 6:30 much better! But, I don't really have much else to say now. I need to get a lot accomplished today. So I guess I'll go get started. Much love to everyone and I hope all is well!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

mwah ha ha you spelled sandwiches wrong (i think) see im not the only one!! hehe