Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New students

I have added five new students in the last few days! WOW! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I'm really excited though! A good and bad thing is that almost all of them are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's good because I'm not stressed out about it through the whole week, but it's so crammed on those days! I am also needing to learn some fairly complicated piano songs so I can accompany my voice students. One of my voice students is going to try out for Broadway in a few weeks! How cool! I'm so jealous that he gets to go to New York. I'm really excited for him though and hope he does well. The songs he is using to audition have crazy key signatures and they go really fast. So... that is where I am putting a large part of my practicing.

Sorry I'm not posting pictures in this one. I have a few to post, but Ethan has been such a crab today! I think he might be teething again. But when he went down for his third attempt at a nap I decided to just snuggle him so he would get the whole nap. He has gotten down to one nap per day usually. Then he goes to bed around 8 pm and wakes up between 8 and 9 am. I like it. He starts to get grumpy around 7 pm, but it just reminds me to get him supper, a bath, brush his teeth, read a book and get him to sleep. Then I usually have an hour or two(depending on how tired I am!) to myself. I will get those pictures up later today or tomorrow.

We found out our landlady is going to do something with our yard! Yay! For those who don't know, we moved in March and a bit later realized that while the inside of our house is gorgeous, the outside has been badly neglected. It was kind of frustrating this year to not be able to go out and play in it. I really wanted to set up Ethan's little pool in the BACK yard so we could have a little privacy(ok, what woman do you know who likes to be seen in a swimsuit? Skinny or fat!). I also had hoped to get one of those little swings to hang on our tree and maybe a few other fun things. I hope next year we will be able to have barbecues and play outside. I want to plant a garden so badly, but I couldn't get all the stuff moved out of the space by myself. I think it may require a Bobcat. Hmm... maybe I'll take some pictures and put them up. My dad is going to come help me build a box garden system(Even if he doesn't know it yet.) so I can have some good space for that. I also want to put in strawberries and raspberries in some planters south of the garage. Then I want to plant more flowers in front. One side has yellow and red tulips, the other side has white. It looks kind of funny. I want to get them more interspersed and put some other flowers in too. But anyway, we'll see what all happens.

2 comments:

Cass said...

Very ambitious! If anyone can do it, you can.

The Mortensens said...

Congrats on the five new students! It sounds like you'll be keeping very busy. You should post a video of you or your students performing sometime. I've never heard you play, and I love to hear you sing!