Ethan had his two week Doctor's visit today. It went really well, except for being poked in the heal and having all his blood squeezed out! He didn't like that at all. How do you tell a baby it is for testing to make sure he is healthy? Oh well, at least he won't remember it. I will though! I knew what was coming so it didn't break my heart too badly, but still, there's just something about being the mom of a baby who is crying in pain! The doctor also said that we should be ok giving Ethan a bottle of formula at night when I'm all out of food. I really like Ethan's doctor. We didn't do much looking around(ok, we didn't do any really) but we got really lucky. I figured that if we didn't get lucky we would switch, but he is a really good doctor and he doesn't brush off any concerns. When I first met him I felt like he would be a good doctor and I'm glad I was right.
Ethan is still on the apnea monitor for at least another month. He stopped breathing for a while last night, so Dr. Johnson wants to keep him on it for a while. I'm just fine with that. He hasn't turned blue anywhere again so it probably is just slightly exaggerated newborn erratic breathing, but it's definitely better safe than sorry. I spent my day today running all over the place, I feel like I should have gone through a whole tank of gas! I did grab a two hour nap since I got hardly any sleep last night. But other than that, my day consisted of feeding and changing Ethan, and driving. I didn't get any Christmas stuff up, but "Grandma Karen" is coming down tomorrow and I'd like to do that while she is here. I'd also like to seal our windows so we can regulate the temperature in our apartment better. Hopefully other than that we will be able to do some Christmas shopping. I need to get Loren's and Ethan's presents and get some stocking stuffers. Here is a picture of Ethan today. Silly little sleepy head! Good night!

No comments:
Post a Comment