Thursday, November 29, 2007
Fever and pain...
I'm not going to write much or it will turn into a self pity party. We were going to go shopping yesterday but after my meeting with the lactation consultant(which went really well, thank goodness! But I can't eat dairy or peanut butter for about two weeks and we will see if that helps Ethan a bit.) We went to Wendy's and while we were eating I started feeling a lot of pain in my stomach. It went away. Then we went to Babies-R-Us and I got Ethan's Christmas present(one of those play mats). As we were leaving the pain came back really badly and I was feeling quite nauseous. I realized there was no way I could do much else so we came back home and Grandma Karen headed out to miss the rush of traffic and get home before dark(this was around 2, I think). Well, it's a good thing I came home because about two hours later I was running a temperature of 102*. Loren came home and let me take a hot shower. Then he went and got me some tylenol. I think finally around 3 am my fever broke, but now Ethan is grumpy. I got some good sleep last evening, but it's hard to sleep with a baby on your chest. I don't dare fall asleep with him there because he could get his face covered so easily. Thankfully I don't have anything going today, so I can get some sleep and get feeling better. Unfortunately, poor Loren, he has to go to work, stay late, and get a bunch of school done. I felt so bad asking him to get up and change Ethan. He is already running on so little sleep and he can't get a nap during the day. But the time before when I had tried to get up I was so light headed I fell down and couldn't get up by myself. I didn't want to do that while holding Ethan. So now I'm in here trying to let Loren get some good sleep before he has to get up. Needless to say though, yesterday was mostly a pretty crummy day. I especially feel bad because I was so excited to go shopping with Grandma Karen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment