I just got back from the ER... again. I was nursing Ethan earlier last night and around his lips turned a weird bluish color. It faded fairly quickly so I thought he just hadn't gotten enough air while drinking. Then it happened again and his breathing became really erratic, even to the point of him not breathing for what seemed like an eternity but was really around 10 seconds. We needed to bathe him so I gave him a shower and he practically slept through it. He woke up afterwards though and seemed fine so I thought maybe it was just one of those random things. He nursed just fine then and I relaxed. Until the next time he nursed and his lips turned really blue and he started not breathing again. Loren cannot miss work tomorrow so I decided to take Ethan to the ER myself. They took an x-ray of his chest and ruled out a major heart problem(thank goodness) but saw that his lungs have some "off markings" which they said probably is due to a viral infection. Great... but at least it is related to the diarrhea so we are only dealing with one problem. So now, he needs to sleep and eat and not be around anything that will threaten his immune system. The eating part is the hardest since he is also going through a growth spurt and I'm just not caught up to him yet. So... I mad a bit of formula again tonight. I don't want to do that, but I don't want him to feel like he's starving either. Other than that, he is almost out and when he crashes I want to sleep too. Mom and Leslie, if you read this before I talk to you, don't worry... too much anyway. They said it looks like it is clearing up on it's own and I just need to take care of him until it does. They also said that the area around the lips is kind of like the hands/feet. It can be a bit blue without being dangerous.
Well, I have to get some sleep tonight. I got hardly any Sunday night. Goodnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment