Friday, November 23, 2007

First Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving again. I decided that aside from the pictures, this blog is for me and I really don't mind if no one finds it interesting. I have only had a short time when I kept a good journal. One of my room mates was really good about journaling and some of my other room mates and myself used her as a reminder. She would write every single day, so we got in the habit of writing at the same time she did. It was kind of fun. We would usually talk about the random things we had written afterward. I think this will be really good for me though. I need a way to get things out of my system and this should do nicely. Plus, it is fun to be able to put pictures up.
Ethan is making progress in fighting his sickness. His diarrhea is improving and with that, his rash. I feel so bad for him still when we have to change him. He seemed like he might be getting a stuffy nose today, but it hasn't gotten any worse. So I will watch that and hope it stays away.
Today I slept when Ethan slept until about 3 pm. I think I ended up with almost 8 hours throughout the day and previous night! Then he was awake from then until a little after 6 pm. He was fun, but I was running out of things to say to him. I try to talk to him almost constantly when he is awake like that, but your mind runs dry when it's a one sided conversation. I was more rested than I've been in a really long time, but I still am pretty sleep deprived and it shows sometimes like that. So after he fell back asleep I hurried and got ready to go and we went to Village Inn. We had hoped to go to Golden Corral, but they were closed. We were pretty disappointed with the service tonight at Village Inn... but it gave us something to do and got us out of the house without exposing Ethan to much(It was very slow business). After eating we rented "Fantastic Four" from a Redbox. It was pretty good. The highlight of the trip for me was that I pulled out my pre-pregnancy pants and they fit!!!!!! Granted they are a bit snug around the waist still, but it was more from just being loose, than actual weight. I weigh a good bit less now than before I got pregnant. I certainly wouldn't recommend that horrible nausea and vomiting as a good way to lose weight, but I guess at least I got something out of it! Well, besides Ethan of course!
Loren has been doing some laundry and today I got almost caught up on folding and putting it away. We also got the bedroom a little more comfortable, and worked on a few other cleaning projects. I want to put up Christmas decorations and our tree tomorrow. I don't know how much I'll get done, but I can work on it whenever over the next week too.
I like the apnea monitor because I don't hover over Ethan. I can leave his side to do something and not be a basket case. He hasn't stopped breathing again, thank goodness, and I'm hoping it was just a short lived thing. But it is good to have a way to find out and keep him safe at the same time.
I wish I could go shopping tomorrow!!!!! I have never gone on a black Friday that i know of but it seems like I always want to. So again I'll look forward to next year for that.
Ok, I'm nodding off as I'm writing this, so I think that's my cue that it's sleep time. Have fun!

No comments: