Wednesday, December 19, 2007
For Pete's Sake!
Well, I don't know if I'm excited about going to Wyoming, or if I took too long of a nap today(3 hours) or if there's just something in the air! I can't sleep again... I had my postpartum checkup this morning and everything was good. Ethan was having a hard time... and everyone felt bad that he was crying. I think it upsets his stomach when I don't eat often enough. I'm not sure why it would, but I know I'm really bad about eating enough. When I do eat frequently he seems much better. So yet another theory to test. The guideline is for nursing women to get about 2000 calories a day... I think I'm usually doing good if I get over half that. I'm afraid that over time that will affect my milk supply and I don't want that. I was telling Loren tonight that I wish there was a granola bar type thing that I could eat that would just have all the nutrients I need in it. That would make life much easier. It's also really hard to eat when I only have one hand free... and sometimes not even that! I try to grab something whenever he takes a nap, but it's not as often as it used to be, so that isn't working as well now. When I got home I got a little cleaning done(The trouble with a small apartment is that it gets cluttered really fast. The good part is that it doesn't take long to pick up!) so that I could be ready for a "Welcome Baby" representative to come. After 45 minutes of waiting I called and found out that she was having car troubles. I guess she didn't have my phone number. So then I took a nap with Ethan. I picked Loren up after that and went to Costco... or tried... I needed to fill some prescriptions, but turns out the pharmacy closes early(ok... I guess I should have called ahead...). So I grabbed a few other things we forgot to get last Saturday and went to campus to pick Loren up from his test. I'll have to go back tomorrow to get those prescriptions. I think I'm going to try to leave Ethan with Loren for a few hours so I can get several errands done. Loren is taking a day off tomorrow so he can prep for his last test and also help me a little with getting ready to leave Saturday. He's in sleeping now and holy cow he needs it! He was so tired when I picked him up tonight he fell asleep in the car. We went to Walmart to get the only diaper wipes I've found that don't have Aloe and don't cost an arm and a leg. We got four packs of three. Last time we went they were out of this kind, so I decided to stock up this time. I also got some more socks for Ethan, a cute hat and we got a gift for Loren's brother's family. We'll need to mail it tomorrow. When we got home Ethan was pretty fussy for a while. I wrote some lists of things I need to do, and Loren went right to bed. When I gave Ethan his medicine he spit it back up, so I'm holding him upright to help him keep another down. It's been almost 30 minutes now though, so I think he'll be ok. Poor guy. He really spit up all over. I had gone to the bathroom when he spit up and Loren was so asleep he actually didn't hear him crying. With the fan in the bathroom it took until he had gotten pretty desperate for me to hear him! I always feel bad when he starts crying like that, especially if I know he just wants me to hold him! Well, since it has been long enough, I'm going to go trying to go to bed again. G'night! or... morning rather... whatever! (Sorry there aren't any pictures... I'll get some tomorrow! Promise!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment