Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sleeping and eating and diapers(Only Ethan on the last)

I spent almost all day in bed. Yeah... that might make me lazy, but it sure helped keep Ethan fed! When I'm not getting nearly enough sleep I have a bit of a problem with that. Besides, I was up all night again. I also am figuring out some things I can eat that are non-dairy. I've had fruit, salad, a turkey burger(thank goodness miracle whip isn't dairy!), and lot's of fruit juice. I realized that needing to eat like this is going to be good for getting back into shape too. Most of my fat before came from butter, chocolate, sour cream, cream cheese, cheese and ice cream. Also, not having peanut butter won't hurt. I'm going to find some rice milk tomorrow so I can have cereal though. I also need to go to Costco and get more diapers. We are starting to run a little low. Ethan doesn't like to stay in a dirty or wet diaper for even half a minute so sometimes we have to change him before he is quite done or he squawks like we are torturing him. That doesn't do very good things for being economical with diapers. Same goes for wipes. It will be nice when his digestive system matures enough to not need to have at least 15 diapers in a day! I got one of those Diaper Genie's and we were filling it up about once a day. Since most of the diapers don't stink at all, I decided to just throw them away. When they start to smell more, we will use the Genie more. Well, for now, I'm going to try to get some Thank you notes done. I have been trying to make some progress on those, but I really have been trying to sleep when Ethan does. Otherwise I can't feed him enough. And Ethan does not sleep 16 hours a day. He's above average on diapers, and below average on sleeping! He's probably been averaging about 8-10 hours of sleep a day. 12 if I'm lucky. When he's awake, he's a cuddle baby and doesn't like to be put down. I don't have the heart to make him learn to cry for longer than a few minutes yet either. I'm learning to do things one handed, but so far, handwriting, isn't something that works. I hopefully will be able to figure it out soon. 'Night for now!

No comments: