Thursday, December 13, 2007
Sometimes embarrassing is good!
I slept most of the day today! I went to sleep this morning at around 8 and just slept all day except for feeding and changing Ethan. It was wonderful! At 3:45 Loren came home and reminded me that his work Christmas party was at 5(oops, I forgot). So I hurried and fed Ethan then got ready to go. It was nice. Loren said his steak wasn't really great, but my chicken was delicious. We enjoyed talking to some of the people in the company and then we won $100 for having the most embarrassing story at our table! It was a get to know you activity. There were five tables and everyone at each table was supposed to tell their most embarrassing story, then we voted and the person at each table with the most votes got $100. Loren told about when he met a girl and talked to her for 3 hours. Then he asked her on a date for the next day. That day he was walking on campus and started talking to a girl to whom he then said "What's your name? You look familiar." She said "That's because we have a date tonight." Needless to say, Loren isn't good with faces! Some people aren't good with names... with Loren it's faces. I guess that turned out to be a good thing! So we are probably going to put that toward Christmas. His bonus will go toward savings, but the extra $100 is for fun we figure. After that contest, they had a comedian come. He seemed a little inexperienced, but he did a good job. He used a lot of irony which I found hilarious. One of his jokes was: If someone says "liar, liar, pants on fire." Aren't they being a bit hypocritical? And if the persons pants really are ablaze, shouldn't they spend their effort doing something a little more helpful? Like, putting out the fire?" There were tons more and it was really good. I had to go feed Ethan toward the end unfortunately, so I missed some. We really enjoyed it though. Then we went and took care of some things after which Loren brought me home, and he's finishing up a paper he had to write with a partner. Hopefully that won't keep him up too late because he is getting really low on sleep and I'm worried he might get sick if he doesn't catch up. Not to mention that I still need a little help with Ethan, and I don't want to ask for it when he's so tired! Things seem to be improving a bit with Ethan already. Even though it's only been a day on the medicine. He spit up much less today and he hasn't had nearly as much inconsolable crying. I honestly think that me getting some sleep helps too. I don't know if he "senses" when I'm tired, or I just can't handle it as much, but it helps to be rested. Sorry there aren't any pictures. The camera is in the car and I'm not going to stay up to get it and to get pictures up. Besides, Ethan has gotten pretty bad infant acne, so he'd probably be embarrassed of pictures right now. Just kidding! Even with the acne he is cute as ever. Well, I'm afraid Ethan may wake up soon and be alert, but I'm going to risk the possibility of him not becoming a genius from me spending time with him, to try to convince him that night time is sleep time and day time is alert time. If he just lays there and gets really bored, he may just go back to sleep. And if I'm rested... I can be up with him tomorrow! Soooo.... g'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment