Friday, December 14, 2007

part 2

Ok... this actually goes before the last post, but I didn't realize at the time that I had forgotten to write about Wednesday. Wednesday morning I took Ethan to the pediatrician to see if he has reflux and if we could do anything about it. By the way, every time we go there I am more and more impressed with Dr. Johnson and the staff. So... I told his doctor what has been going on and that I think it's reflux. He said it sure sounds like it, and prescribed prevacid. When I first told him I thought it was reflux he wanted to make sure Ethan is gaining weight right. When he saw that he his weight he wasn't worried. Ethan weighed 10 lbs! That's almost up 2 1/2 lbs in one month! It's because he comfort feeds. He said he also thinks there is some colic going on and gave me a video to watch. I haven't had a chance yet, but I should tomorrow. So, that was the appointment. Afterwards I went to the store to get the prescription and a few groceries. Mom told me that I would get really good at doing things one handed... I added steering a shopping cart to that list. As we were leaving Ethan started screaming when I put him back in his car seat. I figured we weren't far from home and I might as well hurry and get him home so he could calm down there. He stopped screaming and fell asleep about two houses from home. So I drove around for about half an hour. I called Grandma and my Mom and talked to them for a little while. When I got home, Loren told me that working from this computer wasn't working since the screen isn't as sharp and he needed to go back in. I was so tired that I just went back to the bedroom to feed Ethan and was asleep before he even left. I didn't get much sleep. Loren came home at about 7 I think then he went to work on the paper he had to go finish tonight. Ethan and I went to the bedroom and slept a little more. Loren got back home at about 2 am. He had to get up this morning to go to work. So now Wednesday is caught up. Ethan was fussing and I was singing to him, but I guess he doesn't think I have a very good voice. I was getting a dry throat/mouth so I turned the radio on and he calmed right down. Maybe it's the multiple sounds. Tonight at Loren's work party there was quite a bit of a "buzz" from so many people talking and he slept really soundly. I need to find a way to have some more noise. I can't sleep with the radio going. Maybe I'll learn.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

i want pictures!!!!
love leslie