Thank goodness for savings... huh? I'll tell you what, following the counsel to not live off your whole income is wise advise. And it makes for a lot less stress when something does happen. Like... when your employer decides to let all the contractors go... and you are one of them. Or... well, Loren is one of them. Unfortunately, they would have kept him, but they couldn't keep only him. So.... here we go with job searching again. His contractor is going to try to find him a job... but we are going to start searching ourselves too. Oh boy.... this makes life fun. At least we won't have much of a time limit when we go to Wyoming for Christmas! And who knows... maybe some changes are in store in our future... Everything happens for a reason right? In a few months to a year we'll see what we are looking back at. It's just stressful for now. Well, I've got a huge list of things to get done and I'd better get started. I'm still trying to get thank you notes done. It's just not easy to stay on top of things with a new baby... even a one month old(almost, can you believe it!).
Addition: Things aren't as bad as they seemed when I first wrote this. Things are going to be fine, and it could be seen as an opportunity to get Loren into a job he'll really enjoy. Obviously it's still stressful because we need to job hunt again... grr... but at least things are all going to work out. It also means we will be able to go up to Wyoming a little sooner, which is good for me since I've been missing my family quite a bit. It's also good that I've gotten everyone already taken care of for Christmas. I have a few things I want to get Loren still, but nothing big. So all we have is whatever he's getting me. He hasn't had time to do anything yet since he's been so busy with work and school. It will also be nice to have him help out with Ethan for a little while. Ok... he's been awesome about helping me... but it will be nice not to feel guilty asking him to since he won't have as much on his plate. Speaking of the little guy... I really hope getting rid of diary will start taking effect soon... I hope it alleviates the crying/screaming. We had another marathon tonight. After a few hours, I turned some music on(more for myself than for him) and he relaxed almost immediately. Of course, that probably won't work tomorrow... but hey, he's relaxed and sleeping now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment