Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

I've seen "shout-outs" on other people's blog and I don't know exactly what they are... but here's my version.
I have the greatest mom! And she is the greatest grandma to Ethan! She would probably shoot me if I put how old she is but today is her birthday. She has always been there for me. We talk every day(thank goodness for cell phones!) and it is so good to have someone who I can talk about pretty much anything to. She is very supportive when I need a shoulder or just someone to vent to. My mom is the head cook at Rocky Mountain High School and even though I haven't had any of her meals while there, the reactions of students and teachers tells me how good they are. She is a person who takes great pride in her work. She wants to do a good job, and for all the right reasons. She is so involved in her kids' lives. She tries to be to almost all of KJ and Leslie's games and activities. She doesn't just go either, she gets involved in the Booster club and in tons of other ways. She has stayed involved in my life by keeping up to date on what is going on.
My mom is such a spiritual giant. She just wants to do the right things. She has always encouraged me to reach my potential spiritually and she does that for all our family. She used to ask me every Tuesday if I had gone to devotional. Every Sunday she asks if I went to church and she asks frequently if we are having scripture and family prayer. She is my Jiminny(sp?) Cricket! I know that the reason I got my Young Woman's award, and Leslie is getting hers, and KJ has gotten his Eagle Scout award is because of her positive influence. In spite of being so on top of us, she has taught us that we don't have to be perfect to be acceptable. I have learned so much about unconditional love from her.
I don't know many people as strong as my mom. Not just physically(although she is tougher than most guys) but emotionally as well. Last year my family had a very stressful series of events that really pushed us all over the edge but she held us together even though it took a major toll on her. She is such a support to my dad. It seems like he is always having to sort through everyone else's problems, and she is always right there backing him up in that. Her physical strength is amazing. She doesn't even flinch at a lot of things that would have many people in tears.
In short, my mom is a loving, talented, faithful, supportive, strong person. I love her so much! I'm so grateful to her and I hope she has a wonderful birthday!

No comments: